Athletic Director: Rebecca Lehnerd
GCS offers interscholastic competition within the Maryland Independent Athletic Conference for grades 6-8. The focus of the GCS sports program is to train young men and women to use the avenue of sport and competition to bring glory to God in their personal development of godly character and as they display His love to the world.
- 1 Corinthians 9:25 "All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize."
- 1 Timothy 4:8 "Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come."
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 "Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."
- 2 Timothy 2:5 "Athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules."
- James 4:6 And he gives grace generously. As the Scriptures say,“God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble"
- Galatians 6:14 "As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world’s interest in me has also died."
- Philippians 2:3 "Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves."
- Work Ethic:
- Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father."
GCS Athletics Mission:
The athletic program at GCS exists to develop students with an eternal view of competition, and training that grows from personal faith in Jesus Christ.
GCS Athletics Vision:
The athletic program at GCS works to see lives impacted for Jesus Christ through the dedication of teachers, families, coaches, and athletes.